30 Day Book Challenge: Day 2

Harriet the Spy - Louise Fitzhugh Eaters of the Dead - Michael Crichton Ella Enchanted (Newbery Honor Book) - Gail Carson Levine Deerskin - Robin McKinley Are You My Mother? - P.D. Eastman

30 Day Book Challenge Header

Day 2: A book you've read more than 3 times

Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh

I have read this probably about three times, I know the challenge says over three, but I'm counting this cause I've watched the movie way more than three. This was one of my favorite books around 11 to 13. I still love the movie and will admit I did have a spy notebook in 8th grade....and I did get in trouble for it. I wrote about a teacher in it....yeaaaa.

Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton

This is again a favorite book that I have watched the movie more than read the book. I thought Crichton's retelling of the legend of Beowulf was interesting and I loved the ending.

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

Read this so much one of my copies fell apart. It just disintegrated. Well there was the time my dog decided it made a good chew toy...but it was hardcover so that shouldn't have mattered. Anyways, I fell in love with this around the time I started high school. Here I am 29 years old and this book is still my go to favorite.

Deerskin by Robin McKinley

If you want to read a twisted version of a fairy tale read this or any of McKinley's books. The woman knows how to morph a classic tale into something that can shock and enthrall you. This is a retelling of Donkeyskin, a less well known Charles Perrault fairy tale, about a princess whose father falls in love with her and tries to force her to marry him. The original tale was rather "wtf" to begin with....this takes it to a new level.

1. Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
    3. Every single time I see my cousin's little boy he wants me to read this book. Sometimes even back to back. So of course I have read it more than three times. It makes me happy that he has chosen to fall in love with this funny classic.

30 Day Book Challenge

Reblogged from Ceilidh-Tripping the write fantastic