The Name of the Star - Maureen Johnson Aurora (Rory) is funny, witty, and fills the first few chapters with plenty of character. She is also Southern, which I love cause I am as well a Southerner and can relate to the fish out of water feeling."I once met a girl in line at Walmart who told me she was going to be on America's Next Top Model. When I next saw that girl, she was crashing a shopping cart into an old lady's car out in the parking lot. Signs. You have to read them." "Annoy a Southerner, and we will drain away the moments of your life with our slow, detailed replies until you are nothing but a husk of your former self and that much closer to death." These sentences had me hooked. I would also like to take this time to express appreciation for the detail put into the non living characters. I enjoyed Johnson's writing style. The mix of comedy and suspense was captivating. However I feel we could have done without the beginnings of a love triangle. Why do I keep finding love triangles in these books. Not all young adults are trying to play up every hot guy they see. Whatever happened to loyalty and self-restraint? (I'm speaking from my past experience when I was a young adult...10+ years ago so maybe teens/ya are different now but...still we don't need to encourage them. *steps down from soapbox*)